Tuesday, March 21, 2006

A QUICK UPDATE

Since my last update:

1 - CSRing all the time. Running around town, making deliveries, drumming up sales, etc. Sucking up for a promotion; maybe later this year.

2 - Had dinner with Lisa (from B&N). We had a lovely time. And I didn't even drive my car into any trees or anything. I'm cured! We ate good food (Chinese, at a restaurant called The Great Wall) and caught up on everything that has happened since we, basically, parted ways. And we began planning - like the nerds we are - for the next Harry Potter release party, many months and years away. Even though we work for rival companies.

3 - Brian finally quit. I have mixed emotions.

4- My folks sent me a marvelous curry mix. Unfortunately, I was already marinading chicken when I found the package (soaked by the rain) on my front door step, so the curry will have to wait until later this week.

5 - Rerun seems to be losing weight!

6 - The Chronicles of Narnia passed Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire in all-time United States box office receipts. But HPGOF still holds a massive, insurmountable edge, internationally and worldwide.

7 - None of my blog buddies are updating their blogs. We all have lives. Ah, well, blogging is a lonely business.

8 - I watched A History of Violence, which was just too predictable (and bloody) IMO, despite some great acting by Ed Harris and William Hurt. Also saw Rent, which I sorta liked. And Wedding Crashers, which was really dumb and really funny --- in a juvenille sort of way. I'm planning to watch Gokusen Live, a Japanese drama sent to me by Marie. From the little I've seen, it's about an idealistic neophyte school teacher who is faced with the harsh realities of her job. I really love Japanese dramas. And I'm not just saying that because Marie likes them. Or to be nice. I really dig 'em. They're bloody addictive!

9 - Jordan - I am ever so proud to say - has taken yet another astonishing step in his amazing, evolutionary muscial journey. He has now cycled through Nirvana, Zeppelin, Hendrix, and even Dylan. And now he has taken the inevitable next step. Just last week he bought his first album in this latest case-study's storied catalogue. Well, friends and neighbors, I am please-please-pleased (and proud as Punch) to announce that Jordan, Borders office supervisor and my friend, has discovered, as all intelligent people eventually do ...

Drum roll please ...

roll up, roll up

yeah, yeah, yeah

let me take you down

goo goo g' joob

i've got blisters on my fingers!

na n' na na

'cause I'm the taxman

number nine, number nine

woke up, fell out of bed ...

i'd like to thank you on behalf of the group, and i hope we passed the audition

THE BEATLES!!!! Wooo hooo!!!!!!

So what's next? Beethoven?! The Sex Pistols?!

Never mind the bollocks, mate.

10. I ate too much chicken and now my stomach is killing me.

Goodnight. I hope you have enjoyed the show.

2 Comments:

At 6:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It HAS been very slow in the bloggosphere lately...*sigh*

 
At 2:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you're worried about Rerun losing weight, and you might well be, take her into the vet for a senior bloodwork checkup... She could probably use it and you want to know if she's, oh, say diabetic...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home