Sunday, February 26, 2006

BACK ON THE CHAIN GANG

Well, today I went back to work. Things seemed more chaotic than I remember them. My absence had little to do with it, though. It seems there have been major issues with the computer network. I thank heaven I wasn't there on the day when it broke down, completely, and they had to do everything by hand. It was the same day that we introduced our new Borders Reward Card. They tell me it was sheer bedlam.

I was sad, because I missed Marie. (Hi, Marie.) I had tons of fun with her in San Antonio. I like her parents. They're so hospitable. Her mom is quite the raconteur. And it was cute the way her little sister, Bessie, developed a crush on me at dinner (he says humbly). And her other little sister, Juliet, tells a whopping good tale about how she caused a glass tray full of brownies to explode by leaving it on top of a hot stove burner. There was brownie shrapnel and pieces of glass everywhere.

Mara was in the store today, which cheered me up. I was surprised to see her. She was worried because I hadn't been blogging, but of course, I have been away. So, Mara, here's your blog entry. Just for you.

Hi, Mara.

Jordan was at work today. I always like to work with him.

Hi, Jordan.

He has developed a fascination with Bob Dylan and, through him, is learning an appreciation for Woody Guthrie. It's funny how, a few years ago, he was in love with Nirvana and Weezer. Then he started to like Led Zeppelin. Then Jimi Hendrix became his hero. Now it's Dylan. I wonder what's next?

And Chris (Hi, Chris) left a message on my answering machine. It was good to hear his voice. Such a reliable friend. I think the world could end and he would still be there for me.

Okay, I'm done kissing everybody's butt, and I'm ready to go back to being a curmudgeon.

Grrrr.

3 Comments:

At 6:33 PM, Blogger Mara said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:37 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Kiss away, Ben. Kiss away.

I'm sorry you exploded your plates and lost your meatballs, Mara^_^; Makes for an interesting story, though!

 
At 8:16 PM, Blogger Mara said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home