Saturday, February 25, 2006

THINGS I DID ON MY VACATION

  • Ran seven miles.
  • Had coffee with Mara (at Starbucks). Then we shopped at Barnes and Noble (my old stomping grounds) and had lunch at the Black Eyed Pea. It was very nice.
  • Got my car inspected.
  • Went to see Pat and Tom C. Had a nice visit.
  • Wrote a minor treatise about the strange life of Syd Barrett... for no apparent reason other than that I saw a picture of him in a book at work, and that made me curious about his current whereabouts.
  • Got a haircut. Rodney wasn't there (my usual guy), so I trusted my hair to a blond woman with a strange accent. She's a butcher...
  • Went to an Asian market called May Hua. Bought something called daifuku. It's a rice cake with a jellyish filling. Most delicious! May Hua will become a regular stop for me.
  • Traveled to San Antonio to hang out with Marie.
  • Went to Nine Lives Books where cats roam freely among the book shelves. Then to the River Walk and the Alamo. Ate lots of good food. Did a lot of walking about and getting lost. Drank a virgin margirita. Ate cheese cake. Drove around and got lost again.
  • Watched Japanese "dramas" until very late at night. Completed the entire series of Nobuta wo Produce. Ten episodes. 45 minutes each. Thoroughly addicitive. And very good. Japanese TV rivals English TV!
  • Went to the Guenther House with Marie's family. It's an old flour mill surrounded by a beautiful neighborhood of Victorian homes. Had a delicious meal.
  • Drove back from San Antonio in an almost constant rain. Half the people drive like maniacs!
  • Was glad to see Rerun again. She was glad to see me, too.
  • Jeff Mc. (an old high school buddy) called to tell me that his mother died of cancer. She was always nice to me. I am very sad.
  • So now I'm writing my blog and listening to The White Album.
  • "Happiness is a Warm Gun", "Blackbird", "While My Guitar Gently Weeps". Good stuff.

2 Comments:

At 10:11 AM, Blogger Mara said...

Sounds like a good vacation. I forgive you for the lack of blog entries during that time as you clearly had better things to do. :) Welcome back!

 
At 9:50 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm sorry you got rained on on the way back, and that your friend's mother died.

I had great time during your visit. I hope that you had a good time, and that your vacation was fun.

And Nobuta. wo Produce and daifuku made your blog^_^ Yay!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home