Wednesday, November 09, 2005

THE ZOMBIE VIRUS FROM HELL!!!

As if 80 degree weather in November wasn't freaky enough, now we've got a killer zombie stomach flu to contend with! Everyone got sick today. The premature employee exit rate at work was astounding as, one by one, people got the gut rot and stumbled out. I, personally, am still okay, which is surprising since I always seem to get any stomach ailment that's going around. I think half the staff is out sick, though. Poor Jordan is in the hospital. I'm really worried, because he is unable to keep down any liquids and he could dehydrate. He also has a heart condition which has been compounded by all the excessive barfing. His heart-rate was up to 200 beats per minute! Poor guy.
Brian called in, too, saying he was at death's door with a vomitous ailment. Jerry S. fell ill towards the end of his shift and could barely manage to finish a conversation, because he was so nauseous. Tabitha walked out looking green around the gills. Margaret broke her wrist when she fell out of her car in mid-vomit. Several of the new people claimed they were sick and would probably not be back tomorrow. I have one more day until I get a two day reprieve. I'm praying to God that I don't catch it. I just want to stay home with my doors locked. I don't want to answer the phones at work, because they might be contaminated. It's like a zombie movie - Dawn of the Dead. The evil zombie virus is claiming people everywhere and I am one of the last survivors. Who'll be next? Please don't let it be me!

P.S. I was joking about people writing to each other on my blog, nothing being sacred, etc. I hope it didn't come across as serious. That's why I threw in the bit about Rerun. Without vocal tone and inflection, it's hard to tell, sometimes, what people are trying to put across. Feel free to talk amongst yourselves, please.

4 Comments:

At 12:07 PM, Blogger Mara said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger Benjamin said...

It could be worse, Mara. It could be furniture. ;)

A QUICK UPDATE:
I'm still not sick. Physically, anyway. Every slight gurgle and mild rumbling of my stomach makes me nervous, but I don't think it's anything to worry about. I'm at work on the only computer that has internet access. I'm hoping that the next hour and a half will pass quickly and that I will not contract any horrible belly rot from my work cronies.

I have to eat dinner with Joel tonight, and that's nauseating enough!

P.S. Last I heard, Jordan is OK. Thank God! I think he's still in the hospital.

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger Mara said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:16 PM, Blogger Benjamin said...

Such is the way with Joels.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home