Wednesday, October 26, 2005

STREAM OF SEMI-CONSCIOUSNESS

Well it's up to a twist of fate and a bottle of cognac as to where the next missle will land. Maybe in your backyard. Maybe in an elephant's ass. I know only that the men of the ocean are coming to crucify goblins and have mad affairs with limbless trees. But headless though they are, their breath still stinks. So it's time to tear the glove apart, I say, and leave it in the snow. The red snow. The worst kind. You can find rivers of it in places where the sun used to shine. I haven't been there for quite a while, myself, but maybe you have read about it. I'm looking forward to unnatural winters that will freeze them all, the boys and girls, except for a few, to keep life spicy and feed the vultures. I'd rather run my world, than run to them. I hate them for what they make me do. I care nothing for their laws and morals, but I fear their punishments. If only I were wicked enough to get away with everything, I would! I'd rob them blind! I'd eat their souls. I'd suck their hearts out through their fingers. I'd club their children to death. I'd give the world back to the trees. I'd send them back to the caves to fear the moon and play with fire. I'm not one of them anymore. I'm just looking for a few good pilgrims who feel the same way. We'll run a secret network and be cozy in our homes, while the lords of this world overlook us, sleeping all night and working all day, and dying of boredom. Meanwhile, we'll smoke ourselves visionary in the atrium, and whisper around the basement table with candles and coffee. We'll steal expensive rugs and jugs and tables with glee. We'll commune with the gods of old, forgotten by the stupid. We'll sneak out at night, without punchcards or paychecks, and dance slavishly, happily, sensually, naked in what's left of the forests. I'm through with this game and all these insects who run the machines.

6 Comments:

At 8:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rugs that really tie the room together?

Maybe you should move to South Carolina and try to secede from the Union; I think that is in fashion nowadays.

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger Bella said...

wow benny, that was quite a big stream! i think jordan and I have been drinking from it's banks too...shhh...don't tell anyone though. :) we've got rugs to steal, man!

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger Benjamin said...

I don't really want to club children to death (except for a few who raise havoc in the kids dept. at Borders), nor do I want to secede from the Union, nor do I want to move to the Carolinas. Washington, maybe, or Oregon. Or England or New Zealand. Or Middle Earth. (Beam me up, Gandalf!) Or Hogwarts (ditto, Dumbledore!). However, it IS fun to be part of a (not-so) secret network of bloggers, and be cozy at home with rugs and jugs and tables (none of which were stolen). Rugs and jugs? Hmmm. Incidentally, I'd still like to try dancing slavishly and sensually in the forests at night. I understand that Amanda has done this, recently. Um ... and I've SEEN Marie do it after a couple of drinks ... :P

 
At 10:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Huh? You lost me man!

 
At 11:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ummm... bad day, Ben?

 
At 6:18 AM, Blogger Benjamin said...

Ok, look, if you don't like the stream-of-consciousness thing, fine. I DO like it, and it's MY blog, so there! I have to answer to other people all day at work and take it on the chin, but here I don't have to. So if you don't get it, maybe you're just dense! You don't have to comment, just go elsewhere. And if you really feel compelled to say something, at least have the balls to own up to it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home