Wednesday, October 19, 2005

THINGS I DID TODAY:

1) Had an interesting breakfast (boiled egg whites & rotell tomatoes w/green chiles - all mashed together {surprisingly good!}, and toast).

2) Mowed the lawn, edged the lawn, sat back & admired the lawn.

3) Let Rerun out to play in the freshly cut backyard.

4) Surfed the net. Read a lot about prostate cancer, since I'm almost forty and shouldn't be eating eggs and even tomatoes and onions all the time! I knew about white bread and red meat, but tomatoes? Onions? But I still can have all the chicken, fish, whole wheat bread, non-tomato/non-onion veggies and fruits that I want.

5) Worked out, big time.

6) Called Jerry S. at work, to catch up on things (and show that I care).

7) Majorly rearranged my bedroom furniture. Still a work in progress. Hoping for the best.

8) Got a call from Patricia (an old B&N co-worker) who invited me out to have beers with her, her husband Tom (a nice old guy in a wheel chair), and Mike (a mutual friend who was visiting from New York). Didn't want to drink, so I said I'd meet them at their house when they got back.

9) Went over to Pat's.. Said "Hi" to Mike who looked healthy and happy. Said "Hi" to David, who lives with them. She (formerly "he") has legally changed his (now "her") name to Dani (long story). She (of the budding boobies and lingering, dangling ding-a-ling) was in an affectionate, good (but not manic) mood. Almost ... mature. So was I. Case in point: I resisted all temptations of the cold-and-frosty-made-of-hops-and-barley variety, no matter how much my mouth watered. However, I devoured the spicy chicken wings they offered me, and drank apple juice as if it were beer.

10) Ran five miles on the Chisolm Trail, in the cool night air. Got a mild runner's high. It's like running on the clouds; silent, still, and beautiful. The trail winds through an open area where there are soccer fields. Sometimes the whole plain is covered with a ground fog. Running through there at night, with the lights of houses twinkling in the distance, can be a sublime experience. Better than any drug. Marvelous.

11) Stopped by the store and got skim milk, bottled water, and cat food.

12) Came home, read other's blogs, started writing my own. Thought a lot about my project. No amount of criticism will ever make me quit. Creating names of places: Tristan Hollow, the Buy-n-Bye Convenience Store, Lake Wollunga, Whiskey Dick's Tavern (where Jake Paul and the Sreaming Weenies have been known to perform), Antenna Hill, and more...

I love days like this.

QUOTE OF THE DAY:
"You never know what was imprinted upon the earth before we laid down our concrete."
--- Chelsea Laine

4 Comments:

At 10:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Que?

I thought tomatoes were supposed to be excellent for the prostate... hmmm....

 
At 12:18 AM, Blogger Benjamin said...

Yeah, I'm thinking the article I read was bunk. I've done some more studying and found nothing else written about either tomatoes or onions (both of which I eat in abundance for their health benefits). Luckily, I've been cutting back on the red meat for years, and I only ever eat wheat bread at home. I drink skim milk and green tea, and am starting to drink bottled water. I eat lots of fish & veggies, and I'm trying to get more into fruits. Feel free to make a joke. Of course, there are also years and years of self-inflicted beer drinking, guzzling, embibing, and keg tipping to contend with, but even that has dwindled to next to nothing.

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger Mara said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger Junkill said...

I'm with Suzi, I'd heard a lot of good stuff about tomatoes and onions ... specifically that tomatoes are good for the prostate and the ole digestive system. Onions are good for the heart and circulatory system (which is why I wish they didn't disagree with me!).

My own lousy diet will catch up with me eventually, but for now I'm enjoying every sandwich!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home