Tuesday, November 22, 2005

FANTASY VS. PROPOGANDA

Uneventful days like today call for desperate measures.

So, in order to keep myself from having to write a pointless, eventless blog, I decided to do something about it.

While at work, I tried to find something (even something small and silly) I could do, so that I could write about it later. Luckily, I spotted a coffee table book called George W. Bush: American Hero prominently displayed on a Holiday table near the store entry. So, in an impish moment, I pulled it off and replaced it with Letters From Father Christmas: J.R.R. Tolkien's Christmas Cards to His Children; much more fitting for this time of "peace on Earth" and "good will towards men".

I'm planning to compare sales and see who is the real hero!

As long as Tolkien outsells the goober, I'll be happy!

So, if nothing happens, I'll buy it, myself, and give it to my Republican friend, Fred, for Christmas. Little will he suspect the subterfuge which led to his receiving such a seemingly innocent present from his old pal, Ben.

TODAY'S QUOTE:
Against the assault of laughter, nothing can stand.
--- Mark Twain

8 Comments:

At 4:36 AM, Blogger Bella said...

"american hero"? in who's fuck'd up world??? Unfortunately, the only "tribe" that can really claim that asshat as their hero is the Repub.-Far Right-Christian-White-Majority. Bah. The sooner that goon gets off the broken soap box, the better. Not too mention we might stopped with the unslaught of embarassement...Unless one of his unfortunate offspring tries to continue in daddy's shoes. Tolkein is indeed, a much better choice.

 
At 4:37 AM, Blogger Bella said...

"american hero"? in who's fuck'd up world??? Unfortunately, the only "tribe" that can really claim that asshat as their hero is the Repub.-Far Right-Christian-White-Majority. Bah. The sooner that goon gets off the broken soap box, the better. Not too mention we might stop with the unslaught of embarassement...Unless one of his unfortunate offspring tries to continue in daddy's shoes. Tolkein is indeed, a much better choice.

 
At 8:37 AM, Blogger Mara said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:40 AM, Blogger Mara said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger Benjamin said...

Okay, I changed my format. Not because you complained (for which you should be spanked ... by me ... often), but because I found a much better one ... ain't it purdy? So understated and classy. The best one yet. And, besides, I don't approve of words attacking people's faces. Most impolite of them!

And, yes, I think a lot of people will be getting the Tolkien book for Christmas while George's book will be hidden in the back by the inventory supervisor ...

Also, Amanda, everytime you comment on my blog it comes up twice. Have I got double vision or is something amiss?

And everyone congratulate our hard-working Mandy on her big promotion! Way to go kid!

 
At 5:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No,no,no. Go back to the other format. The new one is too Broooooooown. And I like the color brown, just not on your blog. Nobody wants a Brown Blog.

 
At 8:07 PM, Blogger Mara said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:25 AM, Blogger Benjamin said...

I like my brown blog, because it looks like aged parchment.

And I intend to spank anyone (on the bottom) who sez different!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home