Sunday, September 10, 2006

ARIZONA

Yesterday, Arizona (my parents' dog) died. He was a very friendly and affectionate animal who was loved by all. In New Mexico, out on my parents' land, as we all hiked off in different directions to explore the vast landscape of trees, mammoth boulders, sagebrush and arroyos, he would run across great distances - from person to person - to make certain all the members of his pack were safe. You could be searching for old arrowheads or exploring a cave, when suddenly he would appear, like one of those rescue dogs in the Alps, to check up on you. He was such a sweet and energetic creature that people at his grooming salon nicknamed him "Happy".

Arizona will be greatly missed.

8 Comments:

At 1:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for your loss. Arizona sounded like a great friend.

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger Bella said...

Oh, Ben..
He did sound like a wonderful friend indeed. I'm sure he's getting to play with Strider on a great hunt in the afterlife somewhere...
Come on with the Bon yar stomp.

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger Mara said...

Arizona sounds wonderful, I'm sorry that he's gone.

 
At 11:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry for your loss. A dog can often be one of your very best friends. I know mine was. I'm certain he's in Doggie Heaven just running about with my old "Gus"!

 
At 2:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwww... man.

I loved Arizona! He was such a cool, friendly dog! Still, what a life he had, eh? Lots of land to roam, so well cared for, such a long life!

Pretty well done for somebody found lost in the desert.

*raises a glass to Arizona!* Welcome to the Rainbow Bridge.

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger Junkill said...

I'll drink to that!

Good friends are something we hold on to, rare as they are --- Arizona was certainly such a friend!

That is a sweet picture, by the way!

 
At 10:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Capt. took the pix of your dad and Arizona on one of his many trips to NM, which makes the photo all the sweeter.

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger Mara said...

Ok Ben, update already! We miss you in blogland.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home