Saturday, August 05, 2006

THANK YOU FOR CALLING BORDERS IN PLANO, THIS IS BEN, YOU CAN BITE ME!

Well ... it's officially over. My time at Borders has ended, and I have moved on. I brought a camera to work to get a few shots of some of the good people who are still employed there.
Pictured above, with me, are the twins - Leisa and Lindsay. Great girls. I'll miss them.
Here we have Jerry (my direct supervisor for the entirety of my stay at Borders), Annette, and Bookstore Terry. He's quite a character. Terry is not a Borders employee, but rather, a regular customer and something of a local legend. Everyday he wears a shirt advertising a different sports franchise, he has a house full of thousands of books (many signed first editions), and he set up a residence in Florida to make his vote count (for the Dems) in the last election.
This is Bookstore Terry (again), Christy, and Tara. They are standing at the notorious cafe counter where so many jobs were lost. Free drinks anyone?
Here I am setting the alarm for the last time. Jerry (who was taking the photo) told me I could just pose, but I said, "No! It must be authentic!" So I really am setting my final alarm in this picture. History is being made.
After work, there was a party at a place called The Fox and Hound, which is as much of a meat market as it sounds like. We all got together to celebrate Latte Thunder's move to New Orleans (and Tulane) and my exit from Borders. Afterwards, LT and I posed in the parking lot for the picture shown above. We were flexing like Hans and Franz.

So ... it's over. Time to move on.

3 Comments:

At 4:02 PM, Blogger Mara said...

The end of an era. Now what am I supposed to do, browse at Whole Foods?

Good for you for getting out and moving on, and good luck with it!

 
At 11:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You made it! You've escaped that treacherous hell-hole. Congrats! Welcome to the Whole Foods family. ;)

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger Junkill said...

Congratulations Ben!

I know you will be happy that you got out of there! You doubtless already are!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home