Thursday, May 04, 2006

OOPS!

To whomever it may concern.

The Shanna Swendson signing is not on May 29th. It was on APRIL 29th.

OOPS!!!

It was a great success and we sold a lot of books. Thanks to all my marvelous friends for coming to see this talented author. It seems that so many of you (especially people of the female variety) are reading her books. And liking them. I've read a little bit, too, and I can tell you this: the woman can write!

I look forward to hosting more events in the future. Maybe I'll even go into business for myself as a professional events coordinator. I can do it so much better than the coorporate goons at Borders. My so-called superiors had Dave Barry, Amy Tan, and Greg Illes at the the same store at the same time (in Dallas) and do you know how many books they sold?

Three.

That's one apiece.

(shakes head)

Dave Barry...

Amy Tan...

Proof, once again, that the coorporate machine doesn't work.

People do.

Shanna sold 32 books! And who knows what she might have done if Einstein (meaning me) hadn't advertised the wrong date!

Details!

Bleah!

5 Comments:

At 3:34 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Are you serious? I'm not really familiar with Greg Iles, but Dave Barry and Amy Tan are extremely famous authors! You would think that at least everyone who happened to be in the store would rush over buy a book and get it signed...

You should totally be an event planner! Your parties are fun! You would be great! Go for it!

And as for the date of the book signing, there's no way I would have made it up last Saturday anyway, so there was no harm done in my case! I'm glad it went well.

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I use a lot of exclamation marks!

 
At 9:46 PM, Blogger Mara said...

Yeah that was fun. It was cool to see in person those who blog! I'm looking foward to reading those books! I also use ex-points! And I also get bogged down by the details!

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger Junkill said...

D'oh!

I guess I can remove that from my calendar ... Oh well, next time!

 
At 11:27 AM, Blogger Shanna Swendson said...

Publicizing things like the Dave Barry et al event would probably be easier if the Dallas Morning News wasn't so weird about book coverage. The music department managed to run a review of the Rock Bottom Remainders, but the books section never so much as mentioned (as far as I saw) that the authors were in town and signing books.

Those authors are too mainstream for the Morning News books section. Now, if they'd self-published some books of poetry about their abstract thoughts of death, then they might have had a full-page feature about their local appearance.

And thanks to those who did come by on the right date!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home