Tuesday, April 11, 2006

A WEDDING, A SWORD FIGHT, AND "UNCOOL" KARMA

Since my last post ...

  • My brakes hit the noisy warning portion of their pads, and will have to be fixed pronto.
  • I put all my bulk trash out by the curb, and it was picked up. This included a hard top from my old roommate's jeep, a couch, some large chunks of incidental wood, and several six to seven foot metal spikes used to prop up a newly planted tree until it could stand on its own. Now I have all kinds of space. The woman at the city uitlities department told me that they would pick up everything but old refrigerators.
  • My refrigerator died the very next day. It just gave up. And this was also the day after I had filled it with a large supply of groceries. Many of these had to be thrown out. I was most displeased! I sense some kind of karmic payback. For what I'm not sure.
  • Jerry and Tabitha got married at Scarborough Faire. It was a very nice ceremony. I'm thinking of asking out their friend, Bevy. There are others girls I'd love to go out with, too, but she's the only one who is readily available and (I sense) willing. Besides, she wore a sexy cat costume to my Halloween party that got my motor running. And she looked really hot in her Renaissance corset and dress. She teaches guitar lessons and breeds & trains dogs. Pretty cool.
  • Latte Thunder and I enganged in a sword fighting competition at the Faire.
  • I won.
  • He's been obsessing about it ever since, and is demanding a rematch.
  • I've been bragging about it to everyone!
  • A co-worker named Glen says he'll give me his mini-fridge. He moved back home and doesn't need it anymore. He says it's about half the size of a real fridge, but it works just fine. Truth be told, there's more space in the full-sized refrigerator than I ever use. The mini version (free!) might just do the trick - at least temporarily.
  • Aunt Sally wants to hire me to knock down some brick walls and do some digging in her yard. I'll gladly do it as soon as I get my car (etc.) fixed.
  • I'm gettting a healthy tax refund!
  • I bought a new bowl and a dish for Rerun. She could care less as long as there's food and drink in them.
  • Tentative date for the next Harry Potter book is Summer 2007... according to Mugglenet.
  • I've fallen in love with The Pacific Rim chinese restaurant near my work. $5 and change for chicken & broccoli and a glass of water.
  • Running and working out.
  • Not reading and writing enough --- witness my hackneyed blog entries of late; they're all quizzes and lists.
  • This, too, is a list, but I like it.

3 Comments:

At 11:22 PM, Blogger Bella said...

not only that, but you posted it twice! Ha!

So, I'm glad their ceremony was nice. I am, however, dying to know if it got weird or uncomfortable at any point in time just simply because they are selfish, lazy good-for-nothings that make my husband's (and friends') life miserable at work...

 
At 11:34 PM, Blogger Benjamin said...

Fixed it... thanks.

Actually, after looning about the Faire with LT for a while, I almost forgot that we had originally come for a wedding. It just seemed like another day at Scarborough.

I bought a new walking stick with a crystal on the end. But the crystal mysteriously disappeared. I think it might have broken off when LT and I were stick fighting.

 
At 8:27 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

It sounds like you and Latte Thunder have fun together!

Do you know I've never been to Scarborough Faire? I want to go! Somehow I never make it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home