Saturday, September 24, 2005

HAPPY ENCHILADA

I feel very relaxed and at ease. Today was a decent day at work; the way the days used to be. The power went out, for a time, which was fun and frantic. We all handled it well. We were short-staffed for much of the day (people called in sick like an epidemic), and I was the lone manager for hours. Finally, "help" arrived in the form of Jerry S., but all he did all day was sit in the back. He never answered any back-up calls and, even when the power went out, he didn't move a muscle. Oh well, at least I'm not alone in noticing this. I think everybody else in the store commented on his absence and his laziness. The dreaded hurricane fallout was nothing like expected. In fact, I came home and took a nice long run in the park. It was windy as all get-out, and kind of exciting, but no rain. People were walking their dogs and riding their bikes. Not bad at all. After that, I worked out, called the folks, took a nap, and now I'm just tuning in to say "hello".

1 Comments:

At 10:30 PM, Blogger Mara said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home