Thursday, December 07, 2006

Hells Bells!


You are The Devil


Materiality. Material Force. Material temptation; sometimes obsession


The Devil is often a great card for business success; hard work and ambition.


Perhaps the most misunderstood of all the major arcana, the Devil is not really "Satan" at all, but Pan the half-goat nature god and/or Dionysius. These are gods of pleasure and abandon, of wild behavior and unbridled desires. This is a card about ambitions; it is also synonymous with temptation and addiction. On the flip side, however, the card can be a warning to someone who is too restrained, someone who never allows themselves to get passionate or messy or wild - or ambitious. This, too, is a form of enslavement. As a person, the Devil can stand for a man of money or erotic power, aggressive, controlling, or just persuasive. This is not to say a bad man, but certainly a powerful man who is hard to resist. The important thing is to remember that any chain is freely worn. In most cases, you are enslaved only because you allow it.


What Tarot Card are You?
Take the Test to Find Out.

4 Comments:

At 12:25 AM, Blogger AuntSally said...

You are The Wheel of Fortune
Good fortune and happiness but sometimes a species of intoxication with success

The Wheel of Fortune is all about big things, luck, change, fortune. Almost always good fortune. You are lucky in all things that you do and happy with the things that come to you. Be careful that success does not go to your head however. Sometimes luck can change.

 
At 1:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am also The Devil!

(Insert cheesy heavy metal riff here)

I don't think this is just because when I my phone rings the "No Called ID" ring I point at it and say "Devil! Devil!"

Or, more appropriately given the ring, "Chicken devil! Chicken devil!"

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger Junkill said...

Yay! I'm the fool! One of my favourite cards

The Fool is the card of infinite possibilities. The bag on the staff indicates that he has all he need to do or be anything he wants, he has only to stop and unpack. He is on his way to a brand new beginning. But the card carries a little bark of warning as well. Stop daydreaming and fantasising and watch your step, lest you fall and end up looking the fool.

 
At 4:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Suki says:

what's really freaky is that I have this tarot card in my car because, in 2000, when I was going through a very hard time and looking for some wisdom/answers/etc -- I pulled it out of a very strange deck I found YEARS ago on my paper route. I keep it in my car to remind me of the properties for which it stands. I've always loved this card most in the tarot and have always been drawn to it. I love that this silly test confirmed that it's the card for me:

You are the Hanged Man:
Self-sacrifice, Sacrifice, Devotion, Bound.

With the Hanged man there is often a sense of fatalism, waiting for something to happen. Or a fear of loss from a situation, rather than gain.

The Hanged Man is perhaps the most fascinating card in the deck. It reflects the story of Odin who offered himself as a sacrifice in order to gain knowledge. Hanging from the world tree, wounded by a spear, given no bread or mead, he hung for nine days. On the last day, he saw on the ground runes that had fallen from the tree, understood their meaning, and, coming down, scooped them up for his own. All knowledge is to be found in these runes.

The Hanged Man, in similar fashion, is a card about suspension, not life or death. It signifies selflessness, sacrifice and prophecy. You make yourself vulnerable and in doing so, gain illumination. You see the world differently, with almost mystical insights.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home