Wednesday, September 07, 2005

ANGER MANAGEMENT

Had a horrible day at work. The worst. Came home feeling tired and depressed. I just wanted to die. It seemed like every customer was in a bad mood. They all had something to grumble about. And my co-workers are so needy, it's aggravating. So much political crap. And I snapped at a rude customer on the phone. She started going off on me, asking what kind of bookstore are we running, etc. I was trying to be polite and helpful until she said "Maybe I should take my business somewhere else!" So I said, "Why don't you?" and hung up. She called back, pissed, and talked to Margaret, our office manager, who diffused the situation, but it turned out she was with some corporate account who spend thousands of dollars at our store every year. We have some personell changes in that department and no-one has been answering her emails.. I kept telling her that I don't have access to other people's email accounts and that the parties in question were out of the store at the moment. Of course, that's not what she wanted to hear. Anyway, everything is OK for now, because she couldn't remember my name when she talked to Margaret. Whew! (Margaret knew it was me, though, but she seemed to understand.) But I hate it when I handle situations badly. I was just working on too little sleep and seven days in a row of Borders enslavement. I suffer from horrible insomnia and, sometimes, I stay up all night waiting for sleep to take over. It really is hard when I have to go in early. Anyway, it felt like the worst day of my life (which it wasn't, really), so I drove around for a while and tried to sort out my thoughts. But gas is too expensive for joyriding, so I came home and here I sit, still awake, pounding away on the keyboard. Just one more day. One more day and I can exhale!

2 Comments:

At 1:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Benji, have you tried some of the sleep help teas? No sleep is one of the worst things you can do. Have you ever talked to a doc about it?

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger Mara said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home