Saturday, January 07, 2006

SATURDAY

Energy to spare today. I couldn't seem to make myself get tired.

Walked 13 miles along the Chisholm Trail. Saw cranes and ducks galore. Lots of families with their kids. Tried to create a statistic for who does and does not return "hellos" on the trail.

Based on my very loose "research", elderly people are the most friendly category (or stereotype, if you must). Adults (20ish-40ish) tend to try to be "cool", or appear occupied with their own endeavors. Teens are the worst. And children are either gushingly friendly, or understandably cautious about talking to strangers.

These observations may be unique to the area. In other parts of the world, the elderly might chase you with clubs while the teens bathe your feet in fragrant oils.

Still energetic, I went to the Witchy Woods and blazed a trail past Junk Hill, Guapo Gulch, and all those other places named for my friends. The sun was westering and the shadows were growing long. Cool breeze. Loads of energy. Couldn't stop.

Bought a new desk calendar at Office Depot, and some cheap blue jeans at Old Navy.

Right now, I am working out as I write this missive. It's like this: do a set, write a paragraph, do a set, write a paragraph -- ad infinitum.

Whew! Just blasted away with the bent curl bar; concentrated curls on the little padded thingy. Mmm. Hurts so bad, but it feels so good.

Tomorrow I am going to buy a pedometer to see how far I am really walking, instead of having to guestimate all the time. Maybe I'll wear it at w-

at w-

at w-

Sorry. On vacation. Can't say that word.

5 Comments:

At 10:56 AM, Blogger Bella said...

whoo! look at you, fancy pants! I just noticed all the new links on your side bar...

ya..w-....wo---...werk, um..should not be uttered while one is enjoying vacation. Indeed, it is a time to think of nothing other than your lazy ass and all the things you love wasting time with! when do you go back? we'd love to have you over for dinner (we've actually got groceries!!!)

 
At 11:09 PM, Blogger Mara said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:47 AM, Blogger Benjamin said...

Yes, I suppose my "research" may be skewed by the fact that I was the one conducting it. If I had been a pretty young woman, or a sweet looking elderly person, people would respond very differently. As it is, I am a man, alone. True - my appearance is reasonably disarming (except when I'm jogging naked), but then again, so was Ted Bundy's.

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger Mara said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger Benjamin said...

Yeah ... well ... you can always tell a creep.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home